The personalized email are one of the best ways of marketing. If a customer is interested in doing business with you he can get in contact with you very easily by using this services or you can also approach him by using the same. The various tools of Email had made the life a lot easy. Now you just have to upload your contacts on a database and the email will be send to them automatically using the tools all at once. Now there is a problem as all of your contacts may not be interested so you will not get the response as you are expecting after sending the emails. This is a major problem but it can be solved by personalized touch. From segmented campaigns you can get a huge rise in email revenue up to 760% and if the email is send by using personalized subjects or lines they are bound to be opened and it is seen as 26% of the email opening is increased using this policy.
But you cant send all your contacts in email a personalized mail as all will not be interested so there are a few steps which you have to keep in mind while sending personalized emails. The steps are mentioned below:-
- The contacts must be segmented: Like said before all the contact will not be interested to open your personalized mail so you have to segment all the contacts according to their profile information like, Job title, Company, lifecycle stage, etc. You can also check other information too about your relationship with the customer like his last buy, the time he is associated with you, the last time you met with him, etc. This are the most effective ways of segmentation used by maximum people.
- Using an automation software for sending emails: There are various tokens of personalization which are available in an automation software. There are various information which you can put in them and bound to get better results. The information like, the last purchase your customer did can be put in the software to let it send emails using the information fed in it.
- Trigger emails can be set too: An Email which is sent to a customer when he tries to contact you, visits you or engages in business with you is called a trigger email. Trigger emails can be used for a lot of things like, following a recent purchase of the customer, surprising and delighting them by various coupon codes, and the most important thank them for the time they gave to you and your company.
There are various examples of trigger email some of them are:
- The survey form which customer gets after the demo of a product
- If the customer is not making any purchase and this goes on for more than 30 days, he will get a discount code for his future shopping.
- At last he must be thanked for the shopping he did.
- Setting up campaigns to set up a lead: Setting up a lead is not that easy but if you follow the process perfectly using personalized emails it can be done. It is mainly a process which helps to convert a contact in a customer using a series of e mails. The process has a lot of similarity with trigger emails. The only difference there is trigger emails are a single message and lead set up process consists of a series of emails to make a customer a buyer.
If you want that your lead makes a decision of buying your product instead of just considering to buy, you can set up a whole series of emails accordingly to create interest in that customer. You have to share information regarding the product or service you are offering with its specifications until they book a demo of it. An example of such series of emails is mentioned below:
- A potential customer fills in a form in website to become a lead.
- You have to follow that lead with a thanking email with a downloadable link.
- Just don’t follow the link thanking but give him information about some other products or offers which you are willing to provide him. You can send special offer information or ebook for that.
- Now the client will download the ebook for sure to check the offer.
- Now its your turn to send a follow up email which will state “request a product demo”.
Read also: Cost of implementing SEO this 2018